Medical Care Management
The right care in the right place at the right time
Care management provides a support system to help you manage your healthcare and to navigate the often-complex healthcare process.
For those living with chronic illness or anyone faced with unexpected needs due to an illness or accident, our caring and dedicated care managers work with you, your family and your care providers to ensure you receive the most effective and appropriate care.
We look at the big picture along with easier ways to use your healthcare benefits. By incorporating preventive care options with care management, we take charge of our member’s healthcare, helping you receive the care you need while reducing out-of-pocket costs.
Blue Cross of Idaho Care Management support
- Complex care management for those with multiple health conditions, who visit Emergency more than once a year or are hospitalized more than once a year.
- Acute care management for sudden illnesses, accidents or hospital stays.
- High-risk maternity care management and care for babies needing neonatal intensive care.
- Care management for traumatic brain injury patients.
- Support and assistance for members requiring high-cost procedures and care.
“It was awesome to talk to a “real person” who went to bat for me. My care manager answered all my questions or found the answers to questions she didn’t know. She was able to accomplish in just a few hours what I could not accomplish in months.“
Whether it’s a simple hospital stay or a chronic medical condition, we’re available to help. Your improved quality of life is the true measure of our success.
To learn more about our care management , contact us at 208-331-7347 or 800-627-1188. We are available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.